Rod Magnets

Staggered Sets

The most important part of a Pickup!
The most important part of a Pickup! ..is the magnet! Since it makes in our opinion 70% of the final sound of a pickup! A pickup is only as good as it magnets..Winding technique and the rest of the building parts are 30% of the final sound. We are proud to offer now Rod magnets from the same supplier of our famous PAF magnets...

Our magnets are real Vintage sounding, the same material we using for our famous PAF pickups...
In our opinion the magnet material is the key of the sound of a pickups we think magnets makes around 70% of the final sound of a good pickup...the rest is the windingtechnique and wire...hereby nearly 90% of all builders using the same wiretype and manufactures...winding technique is also one key of the sound!

Different Magnet Types and Sound Info: Alnico 2/3 and 5 was the most common magnet types used by Fender!

Alnico 2
- Warmer sounding with less magnetic pull to allow the strings to vibrate more freely. A good choice for warming up a bright or harsh sounding amp and guitar.
Overall the Alnico 2 is warm, with clear mids, spongier bass, and a softer attack. Many players use the Alnico 2's to better achieve the vintage tone heard in many pickups from the 50's era.

Alnico 3
- Considered to be brighter than Alnico 2 with the least magnetic pull to allow the strings to vibrate more freely. A good choice for clean tones and lots of articulation.
Overall the Alnico 3 is bright, with clear mids, warm bass, and a softer attack.

Alnico 5 -
Bright sounding with more focus and enhanced dynamics. A good choice for adding a brighter punch to a warm or dull sounding amp or guitar.

Overall the Alnico 5 is bright and punchy, with glassy highs, tight bass, and more attack. Alnico 5 magnets are the most commonly used magnets in guitar pickups today.

Bevel types

We offer 3 different Bevels for our Rod magnets
We offer 3 different Bevels for our Rod magnets Left to right - Flat / Thumbled / Vintage Bevel